Anyone who knows me would tell you I am not much of a baker (other than pies which I cover in a previous entry). But since I'm training for a half marathon I seem to have acquired an insatiable appetite. I saw this recipe on Cookiesandcups.com, check out the site if you're a baker or like looking at sweet treats. Most of the ingredients for the bread are pantry staples and it's a very simple recipe. And your house will never smell better while the bread is cooking. It's a perfect Sunday morning treat for you and yours. Here's what you will need:
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 C flower
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 sour apple, diced and peeled
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease 9x5 loaf pan
- whisk together salt, baking powder and flour, set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer or bowl large enough to accommodate all ingredients to mix with hand blender, beat butter, both sugars and cinnamon for 2 mins on medium speed and add in both eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scrape sides if needed.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flower mixture and milk until combined. Set mixer aside.
- Add the diced apple to mixture and stir until combined. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the batter
Finally, bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for ten minutes and then transfer to warming rack and then -- GET. IN. THERE.