Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Greek Salad


It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to whip up a great Greek salad but I'm including this recipe on the blog because A.) I believe the Greek dressing recipe is worth it's weight in gold and B.) the salad recipe is intended as a reminder of how simple making dinner at home can be, not to mention healthy. I use the dressing as a substitute for mayo on a sandwich or simply drizzled over roasted veggies. Also, there are lots of variations on the salad ingredients, most often I like to grab a rotisserie chicken and pop some slices atop the salad to make it a complete meal.  I also like to keep a lot of the ingredients aka the pre-made dressing and the bell peppers and cucumbers pre-chopped in my fridge so that when I get home from work all I have to do is cut up an avo and an onion and toss everything into a bowl and voila. The recipe serves four.

The dressing:

  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 Tsp Dijon 
  • 1/4 C apple cider vinegar (healthiest vinegar option)
  • 1 Tsp Kosher salt
  • Few turns of freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 C good EVOO
The dressing recipe is more than enough for a salad for four, I like to save it for later use, 3/4 of the recipe is perfect on a salad for four.

The salad:

  • 1 bag of lettuce, I'm partial to romaine and butter lettuce and toss in some arugula
  • 1 ripe avo, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 4 oz. crumbled feta
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 1 chopped tomato
  • 1 diced cucumber


No comments: