Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Chia Pudding


I've been prepping and eating this chia pudding recipe for months on end now for breakfast. Chia pudding is amazing not only for it's health benefits but also because it never tastes the same with all the topping variations I like to explore. My go-to is simply tossing some fresh fruit on top. I like to double the recipe on a Sunday and bring it to work to have for the week as well as what ever toppings I'm feeling. I also use almond milk and some coconut cream to thicken and sweeten so it's 100% vegan.  It keeps my full for hours!

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 C unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 C coconut cream or coconut milk  
  • 1/3 C chia seeds (again, TJ's has a bagged container that I use)
  • drizzle of maple syrup
  • Dash of vanilla
Whip the pudding up and refrigerate over night. It will thicken by the morning and ready to eat. Shredded coconut, shredded almonds and honey are another favorite way to eat it but add whatever you like and enjoy! 

No comments: