Saturday, May 28, 2011

Egg Salad with Curry and Chives from the LA Times

I love eggs in all forms.  I find myself consuming them for both breakfast and dinner most weeks.  I mean, I can go through a dozen in just a few days.  And now with this new recipe I have found a way to really round out my egg diet and have them for lunch as well.  My Granny used to make deviled eggs with curry and this recipe tastes just like hers.  Add some chives and that really balances out all the flavors.  I like to make this for a weekend, have some in the fridge when I want lunch or just to snack on.  The LA Times calls for the salad to be served on a dark rye bread, I think they really nailed it with that suggestion.  Here is the recipe:

  • 5 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 to 2 Tsp curry powder
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup mayo (I use light-mayo by Best Foods)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 Tbsp diced chives
You can chop your eggs or toss them in the Cuisinart and simply mix the rest of the ingredients together. It could not be any easier or more insanely good!  Happy egging, er, eating.  

1 comment:

A Year on the Grill said...

Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you do, so many photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
http://erecipecards.com/

It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

Dave
http://erecipecards.com/
Contact@eRecipeCards.com