Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Simple Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil




I got home from spinning tonight and realized I had nothing figured out for dinner and I was starving. I remembered that my Mom had sent me home from Santa Barbara last weekend with tons of produce from her veggie garden. So, I decided to whip up a simple pasta with scallions, garlic, EVOO, egg noodles, basil from my little veggie garden and my Mom's cherry tomatoes. I have to say, this was divine. I am not a huge pasta eater, it is just so loaded with carbs but these noodles are Italian egg noodles so contain way less glutton, if any at all.  It was quick, fresh and yummy. Here's the recipe:


Rinse the cherry tomatoes, removed stems and cut them in half -- about 2 cups worth serves 2

2 TBSP of EVOO, dash Maldon salt, 2 cloves of garlic diced & 1 diced scallion. Simmer for one minute until garlic starts to brown. Add tomatoes. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Begin boiling the pasta water -- add lot's of salt to water, this is always a MUST.

Start cooking your pasta-- I used half the box which serves 2. Remove tomatoes from heat, add basil and let sit.

Drain pasta when it's cooked to al dente and add to the tomato mixture. Add another TBSP of EVOO and a bit if cracked pepper. Stir and perhaps add a bit of parm and some cracked pepper flakes ala yours truly. YUMMERS! 

No comments: