Monday, November 13, 2017

Montecito Wine Bistro -- Santa Barbara





When I go home to Santa Barbara for a visit, Montecito Wine Bistro is always my first stop. The food isn't award winning but it's always consistent and the patio that runs along the little creek is so lovely that it always seems to beckon me. It's relatively reasonable as restaurant prices go in Montecito as well. Often times, it comes down to being comfortable and not having to wait for my favorite table when choosing where to eat out. The Wine Bistro used to be Piatti and it was always my favorite stop when home. The menu has not changed much and so it's a bit nostalgic when I do get to go...

I've had most their dishes at some point and have been loving their shrimp caesar as of late. If I am in the mood for being a bit naughty, their lemon raviolis are divine. They also just recently added healthier "bowls" of which you can pretty much design yourself: choose a grain, a protein, a veg and a sauce. I also really love their broccoli soup which has no cream and you can literally taste how good it is for you. Another hit with my family has always been their Kobe meatloaf although I've never ordered it. It's delicious but a bit heavy for my taste. On the lighter side is their spinach salad with chicken. It's quite big and always hits the spot, the onion rings they put on top makes a little more exciting than most other spinach salads.

The Wine Bistro also has a nice wine list. I always like something white, crisp and local. And better yet, order one from their winery up in Santa Ynez -- Lafond. There is a great chardonnay and pinot noir. I'm not much of a dessert person but they have many and they are on the large side. The coconut cake is my favorite.

So if you're looking for something casual and easy on a Friday night and don't have a reservation, The Wine Bistro is always a good bet. Try to sit on the patio in from of the fire place pictured above. And there are heaters outside for these cooler fall and winter nights.

Montecito Wine Bistro
516 San Isidro Road
Montecito, CA
93108
805-969-7520


No comments: