Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Ca's Patro March -- Mallorca



I spent a week in Mallorca over the summer and it was one of the most incredible trips I've ever taken. I had no idea what to expect and was bombarded by insurmountable beauty every where I turned. What I wanted to share on the blog was my experience at Ca's Patro March on the north side of the island in Deia. My friend and I had heard that this was the restaurant where they shot an unforgettable scene in the Night Manager. It's a cliffside seafood restaurant overlooking a cove with crystal blue water. Yachts, boats and swimmers are all that you will see when you gaze out into the sea. The restaurant is very casual, some patrons were actually scaling the rock wall to join their friends at their table so swimsuits did not seem to be discouraged.

We took a bus from Palma up to Deia which is about an hour ride. What nobody told us was that the bus would drop us off at the top of town where no cabs would service us down to the restaurant which was a steep three miles down a winding road. And what goes down must come up was all that we were thinking! After about an hour down the snaking road we found our way to Ca's. There was an hour wait so we settled in and enjoyed the view. The second photo is of the view from our table and it was glorious -- could hardly believe it was real. The menu was chalk full of fresh seafood options and I don't think you could order anything wrong. I ordered prawns in garlic and olive oil that was actually crackling hot when it arrived at the table. Kiran ordered fried anchovies which she loved. But as good as the food was I don't think that is why you visit Ca's Patro March. It is a total experience. I have never been as awe stricken of a restaurant setting, it literally took my breath away. And I will mention that we found a hiking path on the way back up that was shorter but steeper and it was brutal in the 95 degree weather but it was totally worth it. It's a memory I will have for a lifetime - these are the experiences that I live for and I felt compelled to document it here.

No comments: