Friday, October 20, 2017

Le Moulin des Pinchinats -- Aix-en-Provence




Several summers ago my family and I took a trip to Aix En Provence. I'd been once before and absolutely fell in love with it: the food, the rose', the art, I could go on and on... When I travel I like to be close enough to town to walk. I also like sitting by the pool in the afternoon after sightseeing and a nice lunch and I often have a hard time finding the perfect spot. But in this case, I could not have dreamt up a more incredible B&B that ticked all the boxes. There were several factors that contributed to an absolute dream holiday. The first was the quintessential old Provencial stone home with lavender shutters that literally felt like something out of a travel magazine. The gardens and the pool were equally magnificent. I whittled the days away on the patio hammock with a book. Second were the hosts, Jean Francois and his lovely wife were so dear, we felt like we were staying at an old  family friend's home. And the breakfasts! I included a photo from one of the four incredible morning spreads we were so lucky to enjoy. The pastries were straight from the patisserie and the yogurt was homemade. Every morning there was a different fresh squeezed juice and homemade granola and a baked tart. 

It's less than a mile walk into Aix where there are countless amazing restaurants and shops. We often got lost winding through the cobblestone streets but getting lost in Europe is one of my favorite parts of the experience, when you are so in awe of your surroundings that you completely lose yourself in the moment. Getting lost and then found keeps me traveling. 

There is a tourism office in the center of town that will take you on excursions in the surrounding areas, to the Luberon Valley or the wine region of Cassis. If you time it right you may be there for the infamous lavender bloom which is an experience in and of itself. A highlight for me was returning to le Moulin and sitting by the pool in the afternoon after a busy day in town. And with all this said, the price of the hotel is another major draw to le Moulin, it is one of the most affordable stays I've had in Europe. This is the first time I have actually posted about a hotel on the blog and it's because le Moulin des Pinchinats truly stands out in my mind.



Le Moulin des Pinchinats
552 route des Pinchinats
13100, Aix-en-Provence, France


No comments: