Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London UK


Meat Fruit: Mandarin, chicken liver parfait and grilled bread. This is their most famous dish and it was incredible! 



Powdered Duck Breast: braised and grilled red cabbage, spiced umbles and pickled cherries

I'd been dying to eat at Heston Blumenthal's restaurant The Fat Duck in London for years, it's been one of those bucket list restaurants for me for as long as I can remember. But because it's now closed and I was visiting London over the summer, I thought I'd try Blumenthal's equally lauded restaurant Dinner in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. The menu at Dinner is an homage to historic British gastronomy. Some of the recipes they use date back to 14th century. And it's a very meat centric experience for sure. It's collected all the accolades possible, two Michelin stars and was ranked #7 on the S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants in 2015. I have to mention that the service was exquisite. The ambiance was modern, sleek with lot's of windows and glass and very aesthetically pleasing. There is no tasting menu so one can order a la carte as they choose. I had a starter and a main and paired each course with an incredible glass of wine. I don't often dine like this and Dinner was a total experience. It's definitely a splurge but well worth saving up for. 







No comments: