Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sakura on Centinela


I'd been driving by this always packed sushi joint every night for a year and always wanted to give it a try. It wasn't until last weekend that I finally did and I actually went back again a few nights later. Now it's no Sugarfish or Katsuya in feel, it's more of a casual hole in the wall but the hordes of people alert you to the fact that they serve up some really excellent sushi. It's warm and inviting and the staff are very friendly. We started with the crab gyoza and had to order more. Then the blue fin tuna came out and I couldn't help but moan as I bit into it, it was that good. It absolutely melted in my mouth, so fresh and mild. I always love spicy tuna on crispy rice and theirs was very good albeit not any better than others I have ordered. The albacore and red snapper sashimi were also beyond fresh and excellently seasoned with green onions and roe. They have a nice selection of Japanese beer and hot and cold sakes. Sakura is that diamond in the rough that every neighborhood begs for not to mention their very fair prices.

Sakura Sushi
4545 S. Centinela Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90066

No comments: